Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Saturday, August 15, 2009

"Today is the day you have made, I will rejoice and be glad in it!"

I love this verse in Psalms and we sing this song at church a lot that has this verse in it. With today being my birthday, I am exceptionally excited about this day! I have been able to enjoy a wonderful birthday weekend. My mom was able to come up and spend the weekend with us. She took me and Dalton out to supper on Friday night and she got up this morning and made me breakfast....eggs, bacon, biscuits, and gravy. I love my mom's gravy and I can not make gravy and so this was a real treat! Tonight for supper, some ladies of Oasis got together at Izzy's for our monthly get together. So many were teasing John about who planned this get-to-gather event on my birthday. He told them it was actually him! I think he knew I would love getting together with some girls that I love the most on my birthday. My friend Lindsay brought a cake and paid for my dinner! I am thinking I was pretty much spoiled by everyone this weekend! I am so blessed and am so thankful for what God is doing in my life. Dawne, a friend at work, gave me a card yesterday that said, "Find joy in the little things". I love that and I am trying to make it a point to find joy in the small things in life....I got to sing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star to my 2 year old healthy little boy tonight before he went to sleep, I have a wonderful church to go to tomorrow morning, a wonderful husband to hold me tonight, a roof over my head, a car to drive, a job to go to on Monday morning, and the list goes on and on.....Thank you Lord! How could I ask for more!

my sweet friend Lindsay


Lindsay bought me a birthday cake to share with all these ladies


Thanks girls for coming to my unplanned "birthday party!" We had a great time!

2 comments:

The Walkers said...

Happy Birthday Sweet Friend!!! Here is one more positive- only one more day of professional development!!! :) Love you!
Lauren

Dawne C. said...

Hey, help me remember to tell you about the couple that I recommended Oasis to...
Your LONG bday dinner table is amazing :) Glad you had a great bday!