Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Saturday, August 29, 2009

Livin' for the weekends!

Now that school has started back, the weekends are a priceless treasure for me! I try to make the most of the time I get to spend with John and Dalton. This morning, John had to go pick up some promo stuff for City Fest that is coming to Little Rock in the fall (we are very excited about that and I will be posting about that soon!), so Dalton and I took a trip to Krispy Kreme for doughnuts. YUM! When we walked in, they gave us both a hot doughnut, but Dalton gave his back to me because he said he wanted one with "fintles" (sprinkles) on it! This was a fun "Dalton and Mommy" Saturday morning outing that will have to be repeated very soon!
On Thursday night, Gina called me and told me that my mom and dad were coming to her house this weekend and invited us to lunch on Saturday. Lunch at Aunt Gigi's house is like having lunch at the zoo! She has so many animals and a pond to fish in....everything a little boy dreams of! When I told Dalton this morning that we were going to Aunt Gigi's house, he said, "I am so excited! Are you excited mama?"



Dalton and Pop's "whopper" they caught


Helping Pop reel it in

My little fisherman...love this boy!

Pop and Dalton all ready to catch a "whopper"

"Look Mom! I caught a whopper!"
(The whole "whopper" thing is from a Backyardigan's episode, in case you do not live in a Backyardigan world like we do!)


Jumping with Dad on Jansen and Tanner's trampoline

Aunt Gigi got the cows to come up so that we could pet them.
Not sure what I am pointing at...maybe her calf.

When we got home this afternoon, we all took a 2-3 hour nap. It was wonderful!
Sorry this pic is so blurry....i still think it's hilarious though! Dalton is still asking, "Is it snowing yet?" He decided tonight that he was going to get on his snow hat, gloves, and sun glasses to cheer on the snow. Let it snow, Let it snow, Let it snow!