Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Thursday, July 23, 2009

Summer Reading Club at the Maumelle Library

This has been the greatest thing we have done all summer. First of all, it gave us something to do 2 mornings of the week. Second, it allowed me to see how Dalton would do in a some-what structured environment. (He did awesome, might I add!) Third, it gave us some Mommy/Dalton quality time together. At the beginning of the summer, I was only taking him to the 0-3year old Mother Goose Story Time. This was a lot of finger plays, rhymes, songs, and small story books. He loved this, but I decided since he was doing so well with this one, we would try the 3-5 year old story time too. This was more story time and less singing, but he also did great listening to the stories and participating in the activities. The teacher announced yesterday that there was only 1 more week of the summer reading club. I am sure she saw the sadness on my face! Can't wait to do this again next summer! Of course I took my camera this morning and got some pretty cute pics of him doing the activities.



This was one of his favorite activities: scarves. We pretended like the wind was blowing and waved it in the air and then we scrunched it up into a ball really tight (working on those fine motor skills!) and then threw it up in the air. Every time we walked in to the door for class, he asked, "Are we going to do scarves today?" One day, class was almost over and the teacher had not brought out the scarves. I asked the teacher, "You ARE going to do the scarves aren't you?"
I was thinking, "Because we can not leave until you do the scarves!" THANKFULLY, she did the scarves!



Playing Peek-a-boo with the scarf.



Marching to the beat of the drum. When the teacher said "Stop!", we had to freeze!


Here is our teacher doing our favorite song, "Two little Dickie birds".
Two little Dickie birds sitting in the clouds
One named soft, one named LOUD!
Fly away soft, fly away LOUD!
Come back soft, come back LOUD!


After class, we always took a walk around the pond, looked at the ducks, and played in the "cave".



I had a great time taking you to the library, Dalton. I was so proud of the way you listened and participated in all the activities. You are getting to be such a big boy. You also learned about checking out books and DVDs and that we are supposed to be quiet in the library. I am so thankful for you and loved being off with you this summer to do this fun stuff. Can't wait until next summer! I love you sweet boy!

1 comment:

Dawne C. said...

You'll have to teach the library lady OUR Halloween version of the bird fingerplay- "2 little ghosts... one named BOO!" ;0