Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Summer Fun!

We are having a great summer! So far, we have made several trips to the library for story time, gone swimming at Wild River Country (pics coming soon of that), and got a visit from Gran' and Pop last weekend. He is also doing very well using the potty, much to my surprise. Once again, you never know for sure what kids will do. I thought he was not ready or interested in using the potty, but he was totally ready! The first morning he had some issues with wearing "big boy underwear". He cried because he wanted to wear the diaper. Who knew a kid could have such an emotional bond to a diaper!? I thought "Forget using the potty today, we just need to work on keeping the underwear on!" But once we got through that, he has been a trooper! He even wore "big boy underwear" to church on Sunday and did great! I am so proud of my little man!

Here are some pics of what's been going on at the Herring House lately.


Gran', Pop, and Dalton before church on Sunday.


Saigel got to come and spend a few days with us this week. Our neighbor asked Dalton if Saigel was his girlfriend. I said, "No, more like brother and sister!" They had fun playing "doctor" with Dalton's Elmo medical kit. Dr. Saigel is giving sick Dalton some medicine. She said, "All better!"


Dr. Dalton is checking Saigel's heartbeat. Cindy (Saigel's mom) and I both agree that we do not see how in the world Ms. Becky isn't calling one of us every day telling us how cute these kids are together!


We are also enjoying lunch time when dad can come home and eat with us. I got this picture of them today watching a movie together on dad's lunch break.


Ahhhh, how sweet is this! This boy can be a rascal sometimes, but sweet too! This morning, I was getting his breakfast together in the kitchen, and out of the clear blue, he says, "I love you, mama!" This is the hardest job in the world, but so worth it for moments like that! I love you too, Dalton!

2 comments:

Crystal said...

oh, so sweet! we are starting potty training this next week! I hope goes as well for us!

The Walkers said...

So true sweet friend. I am praying you and I both enjoy every single day- short or long :).