Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Saturday, July 4, 2009

Mr. Independence!

I thought this was a very fitting title to this years July 4th blog. John and I were just commenting how independent Dalton is becoming and wants to do everything by himself. Being a parent is very ironic. You work very hard to get them to do things on their own, but when they do, it makes you happy and proud, but sad that they are becoming more independent and less dependent on you. Crazy! It's moments like this that my faith in God is strengthened. I know that God is watching over him and he is in His hands, which is much much better than mine anyway!

One good thing about blogging is that I can journal the funny things Dalton says and does. Here is one for the history books......All day today, Dalton kept asking "When do we get to go eat fire crackers?" I am guessing he thought they would be the extra hot and spicy kind? It's funny how literal kids can be!

Watching firecrackers with Bear. He is becoming so sweet with this bear. He has taught bear this week how to use the potty, flush the potty, and wash his hands. He is begging all the time to take him with us when we go places. Most of the time he can take Bear along, but he has to leave Bear in the car. When he has to leave Bear in the car, he tells Bear "You'll be okay, Bear. I'll be right back!" and then gives him a hug and a kiss! It's worth letting him take him along just to see all this!

"It's too loud!"


I am pretty sure most people know the funny thing at our house with the "music truck" a.k.a. the ice cream truck. But, just in case someone is reading that hasn't heard.... we have never told Dalton what the ice cream truck is. He has always called it the "music truck" and out of fear for going bankrupt because we can't say 'no', we have never told him any different. I know one day he will figure it out, but he is happy for now thinking that our neighborhood has a great little truck that comes through everyday playing great music! Well, one day this week, the "music truck" lady stopped while we were enjoying some pool time outside and asked if Dalton could have some July 4th tattoos. I said yes and went to the truck and got them. John and I think this was a way to get him closer to truck so that maybe he would figure out what the truck really was. But now I am thinking he will start calling it the "tattoo truck"! Oh, well! Here is one of the tattoos that he got from the "music truck".



3 comments:

The Walkers said...

Great post! I love hearing all the funny things we says!

The Walkers said...

Oh, I mean "he says" :)

Kelli Stuart said...

My goodness I can' believe how big Dalton is getting! I loved this story about the "music truck" - too hilarious!!