Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Dallas Getaway

On Monday, Dalton and I went to Forrest City and spent some time with Gran' and Pop and took Gran' out to dinner for her birthday. After lunch on Tuesday, we stopped at a new consignment store in Wynne. I love consignment stores! I was able to get some shorts for Dalton for next summer and even the next summer. While Gran and I were shopping, Dalton was busy shopping too! He found a pair of shorts and shirt that he liked and before I knew it, he had both of them put on over his clothes and was saying, "I want this!" They actually matched....sorta....and the lady working there just cut the tags off and he wore them back to Gran's house. I laid him down for a nap and then snuck out and headed back to Maumelle. John and I bought season tickets to Wild River Country for the first time this year and have only been able to do the "kid friendly" slides and pools with Dalton. We were excited to be able to go without Dalton and ride the slides. We had a great time. My favorite is the Vertigo or as I like to call it, the "toilet bowl". It's a slide with a bowl at the end that you go round and round in and then finally it flushes you into the pool at the bottom. So fun!

On Wednesday, John and I ate breakfast at my new found favorite place to eat breakfast at: MiMi's. They have the best pancakes and french toast around! I love it! Then we set out for our roadtrip to Dallas. Roadtrips are great! It forces you to be in a small confined place where talking is about the only thing to do. It's funny, though, the amount of times the conversation wound up into talking about Dalton. It makes me wonder what did we talk about before we had him? I was made aware when we stopped for lunch how much John was in need of a vacation. We stopped at Whataburger and were at the counter ordering, when John asked the girl, "What kind of onion rings do you have?" The look on her face was priceless. John looked at me and said,"I guess that really was a stupid question, wasn't it?" The girl at the counter turned around and hollered at the cook, "What kind of onion rings do we have?" I don't think the cook really knew how to answer that, either. By this time, John had already changed his mind and said he wanted french fries. I am thinking the girl could have killed him! Ha! Don't think I let him live that one down for a while! We laughed about that all the way to Dallas!

We ate at Rainforest Cafe' in the Grapevine Mall that night. We both agreed that the chicken and steak fajitas may have been some of the best we have ever had.



On Thursday, we shopped most of the day at the Grapevine Mall. That night we went to Medieval Times Dinner Theatre.





On Friday, we decided to find a Red Box at Walmart and rent some DVDs and just stay in and rest for a while. We rented "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button" (good, but wierd, especially at the end), "Taken"(great great movie! I highly recommend it!) and "Marley & Me" (so cute, funny, but sad at the end). I love the Red Box. I don't know how many times on this trip we said "Whoever invented the idea of this Red Box thing was a genius!" DVDs for $1 and you can return them to any Red Box. AWESOME! I am thinking WalMart had a hand in the invention because every time we rented one or returned one we had to go look for something at WalMart and usually bought something while we were there! It's a conspiracy! Ha!

We came back on Saturday night, went to church Sunday morning, and then went to pick up Dalton at Gran' and Pop's. Everytime I called Gran' during the week to check on him, she had nothing but good to say about him. I was glad they were having such a good time, but part of me was wondering, "Who is the child you are keeping and what have you done with Dalton?" Here are some funny things she said happened while he was there:
  • One day they were outside under one of the trees in her front yard. She said Dalton was very intrigued by the moss growing on the ground. She told him it was called "moss" and while he was feeling of it with his hand, they talked about how soft it was. She said he immediately took off his flip-flop so he could feel of it with his foot!
  • Then there were mushrooms growing nearby and she let him pick them. She said there were 3 mushrooms and he called them "Mama, da-da, and baby". He was playing with them and said, "Baby, do you miss your da-da?" She said he paused for a second and then told her, "He say he not miss his da-da, he miss his mama!" (Da-da was not impressed!)
  • Gran' was extra brave while he was there and decided to begin re-decorating which involved painting one wall in the living room. She said he was watching her paint and said, "Are you going to paint stripes?" She wasn't for sure if he knew what stripes really were and said,"What do you know about stripes?" He said, "Zebras have stripes and tigers have stripes!" I think she decided he knew a lot about stripes!
I will be posting some pics very soon of the week at Gran and Pop's. Stay tuned.....

4 comments:

Paige said...

So glad you guys got a break! Well deserved too. Love you!

Dawne C. said...

Great stories! Glad you ALL had a great time.

Crystal said...

Great times!!

Christina Anderson said...

looks like you had a great time guys! I'm so glad you had such a fun trip and some quality time away!!! Thanks for sharing!