Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Relaxing Weekend

We had a very relaxing weekend. Grandma and Grandpa kept Dalton Friday night so John and I had a "date night". We enjoyed supper at Carino's and then shopping at Target. I know.....how romantic is Target? Very romantic when you do not have a 2 year old to entertain while you shop!
On Saturday, we slept in and then enjoyed some family time going to yard sales around Maumelle. I love spring and summer for that very reason. Yard sales are a great American tradition where people sell what they think is junk and another person finds it to be a treasure at a great price. I only found a book yesterday for work, but you never know what you might find next week! We are getting Dalton in on the fun, too. He loves looking at the toys and when we got back home he cried real tears because he wanted to go to more yard sales. I think he will fit in real well at the Herring Home!
We took these pictures on Sunday. John was practicing his bass guitar for church and Dalton heard him playing. He said "Where my ditar (guitar)?" and ran in his playroom and found it. He and Dad were rocking!

My 2 ROCKSTARS.
I have always had a "thing" for cute musicians! :)

Dad showed him how to hold his guitar the right way.

He is really getting to be quite the camera hog. After I take the picture he always runs to the camera and says, "Let me see!"
I love this outfit! This was pieced together from my favorite consignment sales...Name Brand Second Hand and Rhea Lana's. I love bargain shopping!
John snuck in and took this picture of Dalton and I reading a book together before our Sunday afternoon nap. He loves this Curious George book about firefighters.

1 comment:

The Walkers said...

Gorgeous pic of you and Dalton! You need to frame that!!