Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Sticky Fingers

So I was hoping that we could make it the last 10 days without any drama....WRONG! Dalton was in the bathtub tonight and he hollers, "Mom, come here! I have a surprise for you!" I go in there and he had gotten his finger stuck in one of the holes of a little ball that he likes to play with in the tub. I tried to get it off there, but could not get it to budge. I got him out and called Grandma. She suggested oil, lotion, cold water, etc.... His finger was not budging and it looked like it was beginning to swell. I called Paige to see if she had any words of wisdom. Her first thought was to call John, but since that was out of the question, Todd suggested Ms. Becky, the master of tools. I called her and she had all her tools laid out on the counter by the time we got there. She sat Dalton on her kitchen counter and went to work. He sat there so brave and Ms. Becky had that ball cut off in no time. We got it off just in time to get to the last night of VBS at Uncle Jeff's church. When asked by his teacher, "What's been your favorite part of Bible School this week?" He immediately responds, "When I got the ball cut off my finger!" His finger still had a red ring around it at bedtime. Thankfully, we still had 10 sweet fingers, 1 less ball, and a good lesson on not putting our fingers where they don't belong!

Showing off his finger stuck in the ball.
Ms. Becky working to get it off and Dalton being so brave


Ahhhh....you could see the tension just lift from his body when she got that ball cut off. Thanks Ms. Becky! On the way to Bible School, Dalton said, "I love Ms. Becky!"



No comments: