Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Branson Family Getaway

Before I get to talking about our Branson vacation, let me show-off the newest Mickan addition. Our friends, the Mickan's, had Sennett Jace Mickan on June 30. Dalton and I took a quick trip to their house last Saturday so that Dalton could meet big sister Saigel's little brother. He is so cute and they tell me that he is really a good baby. Dalton and Saigel have not seen each other much this summer and they were very excited to play together. As you can see they had dress up time as soon as we got there.

Harmony Bear, Sunshine Bear, and baby Sennett. Not sure where Dalton came up with this, but he has decided that he wants to call the baby "Sennett-tude". Sounds kinda cute to me! Cindy told me that when Saigel went to see Sennett in the hospital for the first time, she asked the visitors that came to see him if they wanted to "pet" him! So cute! Love it!


So we took a quick trip to Branson last week and had so much fun. I think we have reached the age where vacations can be fun again and not just a ton of work, especially if John and I decide before we go that this vacation is not about us, but about Dalton. Then we end up having lots of fun watching him have fun! We stayed at the Grand Country Inn. They have an indoor water park, theater, restaurant with a great buffet, indoor putt-putt golf, arcade game room, and pizza parlor. In other words, it is a great place for kiddos! We went to a show called "The Amazing Pets". Dalton was glued to the stage the entire time!

I love old trucks like this one. Dalton's nursery was decorated with antique trucks and cars, so when I saw this one in the parking lot of our hotel, I could not resist a photo op!


We found a great place to eat at the Branson Landing called "San Francisco Oven". The pizza was awesome! Can't wait to go back! After supper, we found a great ice cream shop called "Orange Leaf". Wow! This is a self-serve yogurt shop where you pay by the pound. They have so many flavors of yogurt and they let us sample the different kinds before we chose one. Dalton chose coconut with lots of sprinkles and John and I shared a chocolate/peanut butter swirl yogurt. Delicious!

Loving that pizza at San Francisco Oven. I also liked that the kids meals came with a bowl of fruit.

He was looking so cute I had to get his picture!

Dad and Dalton checking out the fountains.

Dalton asked Dad for some money so that he could make a wish. Here he is holding the money John gave him. He closed his eyes and threw the money in the fountain. We asked him what he wished for and he said, "Mom and Dad". We still are not real sure what he meant by that. Hopefully, he is not wishing for a new Mom and Dad :)

"I wish for a Mom and Dad"

Silly boy!



I have really enjoyed staying at home with my little man this summer. So thankful that I have a job that allows me to do this!

My two favorite guys in the whole world!

As you can see by looking on the ground in this pic that it did rain one afternoon but that was okay....It made for a great afternoon nap time that we all got to take advantage of! I love a good nap in the rain!

Playing his first game of putt-putt golf. Hole in one!

John did end up winning our game of putt-putt, of course, but only by a few points!

Having fun at the water park



Branson is also a perfect place to go for this age because it's only 3 hours from our house. I have not quite gotten the courage to take him on a long road trip to the beach yet, but he did great on this little car trip. Maybe next year we will think about a longer road trip! Thank you Lord for the good family memories we made on this trip!

No comments: