Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Sunday, January 4, 2009

St. Louis Trip

On Wednesday we left Dalton with Gran and Pop and John and I started our trip to St. Louis, MO. We stayed the night Wednesday in Sikeston MO, "the home of the flying rolls" a.k.a "Lambert's". It was worth the stay in that small town just to eat there! On Thursday, we went the rest of the way to St. Louis where John got to play his bass guitar in a youth conference called "Alive". We were there with Doug Mickan our worship leader at Oasis and several other members of the Oasis Worship Band. We were all there without kids and had a blast! However, I did hear by Saturday most everyone was ready to get back home to see their babies! Here are some pics of the band singing and John playing. He did a great job and I am so glad we got to get away together for a little while. It was a much needed break!
Christina Anderson and Cindy Mickan
Doug Mickan

On Thursday night, the band Echoing Angels was there to put on a concert. These were the nicest people. They were very humble and very complimentary of our band. They seemed to really have a heart for worship. After the concert, they were out in the foyer signing autographs and taking pics with the kids. I sorta have a fascination with famous people, especially Christian singers, so I got my picture made with them too. I told them I understood I was the only adult out there waiting to have my picture made, but at least I realized my nerdiness and was embracing it! In case you do not know what song they sing, here are the words to my favorite song that they sing:
"You Alone are God, I am yours and you are mine, And I know the heavens will call out your name if I don't. You forgive me, You accept me, Just as I am. And you love me and you want me to understand."

2 comments:

Toga Tuite said...

Oh My Gosh, that Christmas picture is beautiful!! I just saw the link to your blog on Brany's blog. I'm so excited to see your family and be able to see what you've been up too! Take Care, Toga

Paige said...

Alisha - your blog is awesome, me and the girls have been viewing it this morning - Dalton is one cute kid, we have been missing him. We will have to get together soon. Keep up the good work on the blog.