Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Spring Break Fun

Going to the dentist may not be your idea of a fun outing on Spring Break, but this boy LOVED it! I do not think I have ever been more proud as a parent than I was that day with him! This was his first dentist visit and he did AWESOME! The dental hygenist, Ms. Jennifer, was great! She showed him all the tools before he even sat in the chair. He got to squirt water in a cup with the water tool and suck it out with thestraw suction tool (not sure what the technical names are!). She showed him the tooth camera that she would use to take pictures of his teeth. Then when it was time to get in the chair, he was so excited for her to get to use the tools on him. Did I say I was proud? She gave him a flosser, toothbrush, and toothpaste. Before we left, this stinker tried to talk her out of another toothbrush! She compromised and gave him another flosser....What a negotiater!

Look at that big boy!

Ms. Jennifer and Dalton
What a small world. While visiting with Ms. Jennifer, we figured out that we are both from Eastern AR. She is from Wynne and we grew up with some of the same families.

Dr. Jolly and Dalton
We got a great report from the dentist too! All 20 teeth look great and they said keep up the great work at home. He was so excited, he brushed his teeth several times that night with his new toothbrush and toothpaste.
We left the dentist office and headed straight for Gran and Pop's house in Colt. Per my request, my mom made a huge pot of homemade vegetable soup, corn bread, and garden salad sandwiches. She had all this ready for supper when we got there...YUM!
The next day, we took Dalton to Memphis to the Children's Museum of Memphis. It was GREAT! I highly recommend this place...so much fun for everyone!
Theya had an entire room designated to the Wizard of Oz. They taught so many things through this movie. As you can see in the picture above, the kids got to try on costumes and act out scenes from the movie. This looks like great bribery material to me! They had different questions for the kids to think about and answer throughout the room. One of the questions I read to Dalton was, "Dorothy's home was very special to her. What makes your home special to you?" Without any hesitation, he answers, "You!" Seriously, can this boy get any sweeter?


He was the policeman and I was the prisoner.


He and Dad piloting the plane.

Loved this picture!
We have really had a great time this week together. I have tried to soak up every moment of our family of 3. I am excited about our family of 4 coming soon, but I know these are sweet days too! We have enjoyed this beautiful weather for sure! Enjoyed several outings to the park and even had a lunch picnic today at Lake Willastein. John and I are getting to celebrate our 10th anniversary tomorrow by having an all-day date. I am so excited to spend some sweet time with John too!

No comments: