Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Big Brother Class



Big Brother Dalton

The teacher let them each pick out a baby and take it back to their seat. She taught them how to hold the baby. Can you tell we don't play much with babies at our house? I have a feeling that will change, soon! We went on a tour of the maternity floor of the hospital, and he was insistent on taking the baby with us. He said he did not want to leave her there by herself. Already showing signs of a good Big Brother!

The teacher had a baby that she passed around to let the kids feel how heavy their baby might be. When Dalton got his turn to hold the baby, I thought he was going to kiss it. No, he was smelling it! Evidently, the doll smelled like baby powder! Ha!

Is this the sweetest thing or what?

On the tour of the maternity floor, they let the kids play with the bed and see how it works. They showed them the place where they put the baby after she's born to dry them off and clean them up and also showed them the bassinet where the baby sleeps. He got to see a real baby in the nursery and thought that was really neat!



We got to make a bag for him to take stuff to the hospital for him and little sister. We also ate snacks and watched a movie about being a Big Brother or Sister. The movie was so sweet and silly and introduced the topics of being a sibling so well. I could see that I must be extremely hormonal, because there were so many times during it that I was having to fight back the tears, like when they talked about how your baby would love it's older brother or sister, I was thinking, "Okay Alisha, get it together!" I don't think they were expecting to have to pass out tissues to a crying mommy!



I think he will make a great Big Brother! I love watching him get excited about her coming and seeing already that he loves her so much. He loves to kiss my belly and talks to her so sweet. At times, I worry that he will be jealous when we get something new for her room or talk about her, but he is showing that he is just as excited as we are about her arrival....this is so a God thing....that natural connection between 2 siblings. I love it! I have a feeling it's only just begun!

No comments: