Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Halloween Fun

We celebrated Halloween all week long this year. On Tuesday night, we went to Family Fun Night at the Maumelle Library. They read Halloween stories, made Halloween crafts, and ate spooky snacks. On Friday night, we went to the annual Halloween party at the Mickan's house. It was, as usual, so much fun to see friends dressed up in full costume for Halloween. On Sunday night, our church did a Trunk-or-Treat at Lake Willastein in Maumelle and Mills Park in Bryant. It was a huge success! The one in Maumelle had around 500 kids come through the Trunk-or-Treat, with the last "trunk" being a presentation of the Gospel. Three kids prayed that night to accept Christ! It was awesome to be a part of. Another neat thing was to get Dalton involved by helping me at my trunk pass out candy to the other kids. He went through the line of trunks first with Cindy and Saigel and then came and helped me. I had bought candy to pass out, but when Dalton got there, he started passing out his candy out of his Halloween bag! Although he was being very picky about what candy he gave out of his bag, it was still pretty sweet! After Trunk-or-Treat, we took him out Trick-or-Treating to friends and neighbors. While riding in the car to the next house, he says to John and me, "This is a great night for Trick-or-Treating!" Not sure who had more fun, though, Dalton or me!

My trunk was decorated with the "Cat in the Hat" theme, "One fish, two fish, red fish, blue fish."
(thanks for the suggestion, Brandy! :) The kids that came by my trunk, picked a red or blue fish that had a number 1,2, or 3 written on the bottom. Those numbers were how many pieces of candy they won. I actually ran out of candy 3 times during the 2 hour period! It was great!

Cat in the Hat and Princess Gracie

Love this boy! He has already decided that next year he wants to be a pirate for Halloween. Sounds good to me!

Fievel (Saigel) and Cat in the Hat

Cindy(the bottle of ketchup) took Dalton and Saigel through the line of trunks while I was busy at my trunk.

There was a reward for the best looking trunk. I would think that everyone would agree that this trunk won, hands down!

Trick-or-treating at John and Becky's house.

"Trick-or-treat, Addison and Riley!"



Little Red Riding Hood and the Big Bad Wolf
(a.k.a Dustin and Amy Dennie)

Who knew Thing 1 could play the guitar?

Doug was French's Mustard, Cindy was Hunt's Ketchup, and Sennett was a hotdog. Too cute!

The Marlboro Man
(a.k.a Todd West)
John and I had a great time dressing up this year as Thing 1 and Thing 2. I can't wait until next year....I have already thought about what I am going to be!

I am not sure what Dalton what more excited about....him being Cat in the Hat or us being Thing 1 and Thing 2. When people would ask him what he was going to be, he would tell them Cat in the Hat and then immediately say, "And Dad is going to be Thing 1 and Mom is going to be Thing 2!"

RiLadybug Riley West

Bumblebee Addison West

Saigel as Fievel

Dad and Dalton making a wand at the library Tuesday night.

Dalton and I, listening intently to the Halloween stories.


1 comment:

Molly said...

hei where did saigel get fievel`s hat from and where i can buy that hat?