Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Monday, October 4, 2010

Dalton is a ..........

It has been a long time since my last blog and a lot of things have happened since then. Dalton has changed and grown up so much and here are some of the things he has become......
Dalton is a.......
SCHOOL BOY!
Dalton started K3 at Arkansas Baptist on August 12. He is doing very well and seems to love it. He has learned so much, including the Pledge of Allegiance to the American flag and the Christian flag, (at the time of this post) letters and the sounds all the way to "G", number 1-5, months of the year, and days of the week. He has obviously learned a little science too, because he was playing "school" today and threw some chalk in the air and when it came down, he said, "Today, we are going to talk about gravity!" Don't think I knew what gravity was in the 3rd grade!
Saigel Mickan also started at Arkansas Baptist in the K4 program. Are these 2 made for each other or what? He told me today that he misses Saigel and she is a sweet girl!
BTW....the hand holding was not prompted! These two really do love each other.

Look at that big boy walking to class....tear, tear.

Checking out some of the table toys in the classroom.

Dalton is a......

......HIKER and a CLIMBER!

A few weeks ago, John and I took him to Petit Jean. This boy not only looks like his dad, but he also got his climbing skills. He loved it! The bigger the mountain, the better the adventure for these two. At one point, while climbing a rock with John, Dalton looks up and says, "Dad, are you sure about this?"

Dalton is a ......

......... FISHERMAN
Dalton has been on Dad for a while now about taking him fishing. John finally caved and took him last Saturday to Lake Willastein in Maumelle. After $4 invested into a box of worms and about 10 minutes of fishing, Dalton decided it was time for lunch and then on to the playground at the park!

And..........

Drumroll, please..........

Wait.........


Wait for it..........


Dalton is a...............



BIG BROTHER!
That's right! We are so excited about the new arrival making it's appearance at the Herring household sometime early May of 2011. Big Brother Dalton is taking this very serious too! The weekend we told him, we went to eat at Taco Bueno for lunch after church that Sunday. He told us before we got there that he was going to order his lunch. We said okay and he said, "I can do it because I am the Big Brother!" I told John, I did not know whether to laugh or cry.....so sweet! When asked what he wants....a brother or a sister....he says, "I want a brother and a sister!" But, my doctor has already confirmed there is only one in there! Everything is going well with the pregnancy. I am 10 weeks today and feeling great!
"He has done great things for us and we are filled with JOY!"

When I was pregnant with Dalton, I did not have a blog, yet. I have always wanted to take pictures every month of my growing and changing body and I have decided this is my chance! Here is my little "baby bump" at 8 weeks. It's amazing how your body is no longer your own during pregnancy and how many changes your body goes through! So thankful for this little life!


1 comment:

The Walkers said...

What a great post!!!!!!!