Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Saturday, October 24, 2009

This is why we had to move to a big boy bed!


Just in time...John and I were already working on converting his playroom into his new bedroom when one morning we walked in his room to find this....Needless to say, there was a rush put on the project and that night he got to sleep in his big boy bed for the first time and did great! I have to be honest though and say that it was a little sad not having him in that crib anymore, but he still gets a rendition of "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star" every night before bed. He has only got up out of bed one time. I had just finished singing to him, turned out the light, and walked into the living room. I hear two feet shuffling behind me and I turned around and said, "What are you doing?" He said, "I waked up!" As hard as it was not to laugh, I told him this was a "no-no" and he is to stay in the bed. John and I were ready to implement the strategies we have seen on "Super-nanny", but there was no need that night...Thank goodness! I am very proud of the way his room looks and I think he is, too!


Notice the red box that is beside his bed. His dad made this from scrap wood so that he could climb up into bed easier. He also taught him how he could move the box over to the wall to turn on the light.


His bears seem to have made themselves "at home" in their new bed, too! :)


3 comments:

Micah said...

That first picture is killing me! What a little adventurer (or BIG adventurer)!

And glad to hear you liked your Bumbo. My in-laws gave us one - now we just have to wait until Ben can hold his head up :) It's hard for me to imagine right now that he'll ever be big enough to do things like climbing out of his crib!

Crystal said...

super cute! kids are so creative! :)

The Walkers said...

Just in time!!! Adorable big boy room! We spur of the moment changed to a toddler bed tonight. Knock on wood- she fell right to sleep. Better keep the Super Nanny hints on file for me though!!! :)