Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Monday, October 12, 2009

Eighties Skating Party

Last Saturday, we went to Mary Ann Dogget's 30th birthday party at the Benton Skating Rink. The theme was 80's. It was so much fun! I loved it because I could actually remember wearing some of this stuff. As I was scrunching my matching socks before we left, I had one of those weird "I've been here before" moments. I haven't cared what my socks looked like in a very long time! I wore an airbrushed T-shirt that said "Alisha -n- John....summer '85", with leggings, matching socks, hoop earrings, and a bright headband. I forgot how bright and colorful everybody was in the 80's. The funny thing is that no one had trouble finding their outfits....they went to the Miley Cyrus section at Wal-Mart! I did hear that if you were old enough to wear this stuff the first time, you are too old to wear it now! Thank goodness! I was kinda thinking, though, that the leg warmers were very cute! I may have to get me some of those again!


Who doesn't remember wearing the little bows on the side of your T-shirt?

I think we need to add another thing to Dalton's Christmas list....skates! He loved it! I think his favorite part was the falling! He tried to make the next fall look better than the last!


How cute is this? I have started a new project, thanks to my friends at work....iron on appliques. I actually made this Frankenstein monster for Halloween and have made a turkey shirt for him for Thanksgiving. So fun! I do realize that I only have a few more years to do cutesy stuff like this so I am taking advantage of it while I still can!

Dalton with an 80's mullet!

2 comments:

Paige said...

Do tell about this transfer stuff. That shirt was adorable!

Crystal said...

Super cute! I want to know how you made the shirts too! I have been paying someone too much money to make these things for my girls! :)