Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Friday, May 22, 2009

"I not sick anymore!"

This has been a crazy week. On the way home on Tuesday afternoon, Dalton started having this dry barking cough. It seemed like it just came out of no where. By that night, his fever spiked to 101 and on Wednesday afternoon, it got up to 103. Needless to say, Mom and Dad were a little alarmed by this and took him straight to the doctor. We told Dalton on the way where we were going and what the doctor would do. He said "Doctor not hurt me?" We assured him that the doctor would not hurt him. He was very brave (in fact, he acted much better at the doctor's office than he does when he gets his haircut!)! When the doctor came in he introduced himself to us and said "I am Dr. Chu." Dalton said "I Dalton!" and then proceeded to tell the doctor where to sit! John and I were cracking up at him! Dr. Chu checked his right ear and paused for a sec to talk to us. Dalton looked at him and said "You look at my other ear?" I think the doctor, at this point, was a little taken back by him! Dr. Chu said he thought it was a classic case of croup and started to write out his prescription and wrote Dalton's name at the top of the paper. Dalton was watching him write and said "That my name!" He is doing better, in fact, the fever has broke, but he still has a hacking cough and runny nose. He told me, "I not sick anymore!" (cough, cough, cough, sneeze) We are very thankful that this is the first time we have had to take him to the doctor for a sick visit all winter. Thank you Lord!

I had been planning for a over a month to take off work last Thursday to go to my annual "Dr. Lawrence visit" and then afterwards Dalton and I were going to spend the day with Lisa and her 2 boys, Braydon and Dillon. But, I have learned you can never plan anything for certain with kids in the picture. I did drop by Lisa's on the way home to drop off a late (very late) Christmas present and she had a birthday present for Dalton. She sent him a bubble wand, puzzle, and this shape sorter with hammer. It was a great "picker-upper" for a sick little boy.

"Thanks Lisa!"
Even though he was sick and had a fairly high fever this week, he still found the energy to act silly. He found Dad's socks and hat and put them on to ride his horse. What a silly boy!
Okay, I love this picture! We got to keep Addison and Riley last Sunday afternoon. The girls are acting like they are going to sleep to try to talk Dalton into taking a nap. I do not think he is buying it! HA!


P.S. I hope you have your computer speakers on because I have my favorite Kris Allen songs (and Danny Gokey!) posted on my playlist!

2 comments:

Crystal said...

So sweet!! I do love that last picture too!!

The Walkers said...

Looks like you guys had a great but busy week! Thanks again for loaning me the gps. I loved it!