Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Sunday, May 3, 2009

"I not cry...I laugh like Elmo!"

Anyone who knows us very well, knows that Dalton has issues going to get a haircut. He is a pretty good boy most of the time, but getting a hair cut is traumatic for everyone involved. Most of the time, John and I both take him and he sits in my lap. I hold his head still, John holds down his hands, and Dalton cries the entire time. Afterwards, I usually feel like I either need a cigarette or something stiff to drink (and I do not even smoke or drink! Ha!) I scheduled the appointment for Saturday and we started talking about it (and praying about it!) on Thursday. I let him pick what he wanted if he did good and he said he wanted ice cream. (At this point, I would give him the world!) I told him he had to be still, put his hands in his lap, and not cry. Grandma kept him on Friday and told him not to cry, but to laugh like Elmo.!

So, Saturday morning we went at 10 to get his haircut. John was working at the church that morning and was on his way to help, but would be a little late getting there. Dalton sat in my lap and kept saying , "I not cry....I laugh like Elmo!" He did great at first, but cried a little bit saying, "It tickles!" He wanted to stand at the window watch for dad to come. Thankfully, my beautician has 3 boys of her own and is used to it! She just cut his hair as he looked out the window waiting for dad to come. It was so sweet! Even though he did cry, I could tell he was really trying to be a big boy. We went to lunch at Dixie Cafe and he got some blue ice cream. I was so proud of my little man!





What a big boy! High five!

Enjoying his sweet reward....

and even sharing some with dad!








My oldest nephew, Jansen, Dalton, and birthday boy, Tanner.

Aunt Gi-Gi (Gina) and Dalton

4 comments:

Toga Tuite said...

I'm sorry he cried! That must be so hard for you to watch! Glad it worked out in the end. He is so handsome!!

Crystal said...

What a great beautician!! That was really sweet of her to play along. It looks adorable.

Dawne C. said...

Great progress :) And he looks really natural at the drums. As always, TOO cute!!!

made2mama said...

What a sweet story and what a sweet beautician! Jansen is all grown up!